Getting Help

How to Recognize if You or a Loved One is in Need of Substance Abuse Treatment

  • Change in personality – you or your loved one becomes withdrawn and/or angry a lot
  • Change in daily activities – you or your loved one is no longer interested in activities he/she used to do for fun
  • Change in friends and associates – you or your loved no longer spends time with the same people you had enjoyed spending time with previously
  • Change in work habits or neglect in responsibilities – Perhaps you or your loved one is missing work more than normal, unable to get up or going to work late
  • Driving while under the influence or other legal consequences associated with alcohol or drug use
  • Problems are occurring in personal relationships – frequent arguments, complaints about your use, money problems associated with your use, emotional unavailability
  • Unable to stop using after having set limits for yourself (i.e. “I’ll only use on the weekends but you continue to use during the week)
  • Tolerance – you or your loved one is experiencing physical symptoms (i.e. nausea, irritability, sweats, shakes etc.) when you are not using the drug(s)

Assessments are available Monday through Friday by walk-in appointments. Walk-in appointments are scheduled on a first-come first-service basis between 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

When coming for a walk-in appointment, please have an ID and/or bill showing your current address and your insurance card if you have one.

In addition to services offered at McKinley Hall, we collaborate with many other local agencies for needed services such as housing, health care and employment services:

Matt Talbot House – Halfway house for men: 937-324-4645
Interfaith Hospitality Network – Homeless shelter and housing opportunities for men, women and families: 937-325-8154

Public Benefits
Clark County Department of Job and Family Services: 937-327-1700

Psychiatric Services
Mental Health Services for Clark, Greene and Madison Counties

Employment Resources
Works Plus Center 937-327-161

12-Step Meetings
Alano Club 937-322-0255

Primary Health Care
The Rocking Horse Center: 937-328-7266
New Carlisle Community Health Center: 937-667-1122